Disneyland has a special way of giving you an extra boost of Pixie Dust adrenaline during your visit, but let’s face it, even the most enthusiastic Mouseketeers have to stop to eat every once in a while!
With all of the food choices at the Park you really can’t go wrong, and new restaurants are popping up all the time. But if you need some suggestions, here are my favorite dining spots:
In Disneyland Park:
- Carnation Café on Main Street. Great breakfast and lunch. tip:The head Chef,
- River Belle Terrace Overlooks the Rivers of America and New Orleans Square. Great lunch and dinner selections too.
- For something special, dine at the Blue Bayou, which is IN Pirates of the Caribbean. tip: Definitely use priority seating or you’ll be waiting a looong time to eat matey!
In Downtown Disney:
- Naples Pizza and pastas (adjacent Napoli has quick counter service too!)
- La Brea Bakery Tasty chicken, salads, burgers.
- Marceline’s candy store offers all sorts of amazing homemade treats and goodies. My favorite is the pretzel rod dipped in caramel and chocolate – yum! tip: Watch the candy-masters work their magic in the street-side window!
- tip: for a quick (and cheap!) breakfast (if it’s not included with your hotel room), swing by Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. It has a walk-up Breakfast bar with cereal, yummy hash browns and breakfast sandwiches.
Character Meals yeah they’re kinda pricey, but hey, you get to dine with the Characters, and it’s so fun! tip: make Priority Seating reservations in advance.
- Goofy’s Kitchen Gawrsh! Goofy’s Cooking at the Disneyland Hotel? Sounds like trouble!
- Storyteller’s Cafe Fancy schmancy Character Dining in the Grand Californian Hotel.
- Minnie’s Breakfast at Plaza Inn A personal favorite of mine in Disneyland Park! tip: Ask for a later seating for more time with the Characters!
- Princess Dining at Ariel’s Grotto in California Adventure
- Any Churro Stand
- Red Wagon Corn Dogs (End of Main Street in Disneyland)
- Naples walk up service (Downtown Disney)
- Tiki Room Dole Whip – Whatever you do, don’t miss the fresh pineapple goodness of a Dole Whip! mmmmmmm. tip: the lines are often shorter inside the Tiki Room show courtyard. If you don’t want to stay for the show, you don’t have to. But it’s great so why not?!
- Cove Bar at DCA overlooking Paradise Pier. MMMM lobster nachos to die for and great adult beverages. You may have to wait for a seat, but it’s well worth it.
- Cozy Cone Motel Chili “Cone” Queso. Tastiest pun in Cars Land.
Adult Beverages: Alcohol is not served in Disneyland (except at Club 33…), BUT you can get beer, wine and other beverages at Disney California Adventure Park, Resort Hotels and Downtown Disney restaurants.